Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do All Post's Need a Title?

Glancing over my previous posts in this blog has made me realize something I've unintentionally done, and that is to belittle the waiting profession and restaurant industry. Let me clarify this: Waiting tables is emotionally draining and surprisingly difficult. Little intellect is required of it's professionals, but, to be a good waiter or waitress, you need a great memory and incredible organizational skills. Those who work in the industry are smart in their own way, a way that was never my particular strength. Part of my poking fun at waiting tables is my own insecurity at being an extremely average waiter. My apologies.

Where am I now in my job search? I don't really know. When will it end? Someday. I AM, however, quitting my waiting job in 2 weeks time, which signifies the end of my stay at home and the scariness of a move elsewhere with little more intact than I started.

If this post feels melancholic or gloomy, than it's done a nice job of summing up my emotional state. There's so much uncertainty going forward that it's difficult to feel like I've accomplished anything. If a positive situation does come about, it will feel like I've settled for less than I should have. There's something dangerous about finding the first real job. This very well could be the most important decision I'll ever make. Any serious misstep could affect my future happiness in life. Who knows. It's too difficult a concept to try and grasp right now. Just gotta keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment